Imagining America is a consortium of colleges and universities committed to public scholarship and practice in the arts, humanities, and design. Imagining America supports campus-community partnerships that contribute to local and national civic life while furthering recognition of the value of public scholarship and practice in higher education itself.
“Imagining America’s mission is to animate and strengthen the public and civic purposes of humanities, arts and design through mutually beneficial campus-community partnerships that advance democratic scholarship and practice.”
Imagining America at UF
Sophia Acord, Associate Director, Center for the Humanities and the Public Sphere; Lecturer in Sociology and Criminology and Law
Kevin Marshall, Professor in School of Theatre + Dance
We would like you to consider highlighting your initiatives and projects on the site. Please feel free to share this with individuals whose scholarship and practice you feel would match the mission of Imagining America on our campus.
If you would like to contribute information on a project that you have been involved with during the last two years that reflects the Imagining America mission, please send firstname.lastname@example.org an e-mail with the following attachments:
A word document with the following information:
- Project title
- Description of the project/event and how it relates to the goals of Imagining America (please limit this text to 200 words)
- A website or link to more information
- Contact information for the project
- Caption for the image provided (see below)
- A .jpg image (no larger than 1200 pixels in one dimension and of “high” quality).
- Consortium Representatives: